The 2016-2017 AACR Board intentionally merged Membership and Diversity Committees. We firmly believed the two must be entwined in order to advance our mission. Last year’s chair, Jawed “JJ” Jessani, took his role seriously, working closely with the Programs and Education Committee to ensure that our outreach and programs met the needs of a growing, scattered and diverse community. JJ is AACR’s Vice President this year, and has spent the past few months onboarding his successor, Caitlan Hendrickson. They will be rolling out more activities over the next couple years. If you’re interested in learning more or volunteering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Through an amendment to AACR bylaws, we now offer more flexible membership tiers and membership drives tied to programs:
- Professional Membership - This is ideal for professionals who need continuing education (i.e., CLE, CEU) certificates, as they are included with this membership level, as is admission to most AACR events and programs. Dues: $75
- Regular Membership - This is the membership tier at which most of us joined, and includes entrance to most AACR events and programs. Dues: $50*
- Virtual Membership - This is perfect for members who would like the flexibility of attending webinars and accessing online content at no cost and then paying per event when available to attend in-person programs. Dues: $25
- Basic Membership -- this is ideal for members who are newcomers, students or emeritus mediators. Seniors and student members with ID may attend most events at no cost. Dues: $10
- Organization Membership -- this is ideal for institutions and businesses. Up to 5 employees join for one flat fee and attend most events at no cost. Dues: $150
Check out the full list of benefits for each tier: MEMBER BENEFITS.
*Note, if you are currently a Regular Member and require CLE certificates, you will be grandfathered in, until it is time for you to renew your membership. Simply choose "Professional Membership" when requesting a CLE and you should not be charged.
Hurry and join or renew now, because the above AACR Annual Membership Dues are set to increase after the February 20 webinar featuring Colin Rule!